Why was the payment of a shopper unsuccessful?
Unsuccessful payments can have several reasons, e.g. the bank card of the shopper might be rejected because it did not have enough money on, or he/she reached a daily limit. If the technical connection at the shop is in order, you can investigate the reasons why a payment failed by yourself on the Payment history detailer under "Manage My Shops"/"Actions"/"Payment history".
Following the introduction of Strong Customer Authentication on January 1st of 2021, authentication statuses are included on the Payment History Detailer, so merchants can support their customers while investigating payments.
The authentication statuses could be the following:
- Successful authentication: Payer authentication was successful, the transaction can be charged.
- Authentication exemption: TRA No Strong Customer Authentication was done due an exemption request of the Merchant, and the transaction was not qualified as risky during Transaction Risk Analysis. The transaction can be charged.
- Authentication incomplete: Payer abandoned the Strong Customer Authentication process (for example could not enter the static or one-time-password, failed to authenticate with the mobile application). Without authentication, the transaction can't be charged.
- Authentication failed: Payer entered wrong information during the Strong Customer Authentication process (for example entered the wrong static or one-time-password, failed to authenticate with the mobile application). Without authentication, the transaction can't be charged.
- Authentication rejected: The issuer bank rejected the authentication request. Without authentication, the transaction can't be charged.
- No authentication: Strong Customer Authentication could not be performed (for example the Payer canceled the payment). Without authentication, the transaction can't be charged.
Barion also includes authorization statuses that are introduced with Strong Customer Authentication:
- Charge failed: SCA needed: The Merchant requested an authentication exemption because the transaction was not qualified as risky, but the issuer bank denied it and requested Strong Customer Authentication. The transaction can only be charged after successful authentication.
We will get back to you as soon as possible via email. If you chose answer by phone, we will call you at your preferred time interval.